A Few of My Favorite Scents

I love how certain scents can send you back to another place and time.  Like when the plant that covers our arbor started blooming this month and we discovered that it was jasmine.
A sister I visit taught in San Diego had jasmine right by her front door.  It was a wonderful way to be welcomed into her home.

I love the smell of freshly baked bread.  It reminds me of coming home after school to Mom's homemade bread made with lots of love.
The fragrance of an orange reminds me of the time Stephen really could smell one for the first time.  He had broken his nose as a child and after he had nose surgery as an adult, he asked me what that wonderful scent was.  I was peeling an orange.
I love the smell of a freshly scrubbed floor.  Thank you, Mr. Clean!
The smell of cooking apples remind me of being at Grandpa and Grandma's house for the apple picking and peeling and coring and cooking work parties.  Or the applesauce we made and canned from the apples at our home when I was growing up.
And now it is time to make some homemade muffins so I can enjoy their wonderful aroma and taste!  I think I'll make Lemon-Raspberry ones this time.

Comments

  1. Great post, Kendra! I want to smell the jasmine, and I want to sit at your table and enjoy a slice of bread, an orange, and a muffin with you! (And admire your clean floors while we eat!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Mom! You really have a way with words! :) I wish I could smell all of those things with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts