Our BYU Graduate

It is always so exciting and fulfilling to witness milestones in your children's lives.  It seems like only yesterday that Devyn was going to kindergarten on the very first day of school.  Now he has graduated from college!

Where did the time go?  I seem to have a constant song in my heart from the musical Fiddler on the Roof.

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset

Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?

When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset

Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as they gaze

Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears

So, indulge me as I share a part of my mother-heart.
His birthday was a very snowy January day.
Love seeing the earnest expression on his little boy face.
Devyn loved to build his dad's work building and parking lot.
Baptism Day
Remember when you were this young, Devyn?
Always playing outside in the neighborhood with the neighbor children.
Look what they found!  My friend Alison took this picture.
Fishing off the Oregon Coast
Target shooting with siblings and cousins
Devyn loves an adventure.

I think he still misses our boat.  We sold it while he has on his mission.
At high school graduation
Made the dean's list after first semester at BYU.

Taken just before his mission
His first car!
And now, he has graduated from BYU!
Here we are with our beautiful daughter-to-be, Miranda.
Our son has grown into a wonderful man.  We are so happy about the good things he has done and accomplished in his life.  So even though I am feeling a little nostalgic, I know that his future is bright as he continues to do good things and live a good life.  What a blessing to have Devyn as our son!

And on an unrelated topic . . . we were at BYU graduation and I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I turned around and was so happy to see Claudia, a dear friend from Florida.  I was surprised at the wave of emotion that swept over me.  We hugged and I burst into tears of joy for seeing her.  Wonder if it will be like that when we reunite with loved ones after this life.
We found a Florida friend at BYU graduation!



Comments

  1. Devyn has always been a great example to us and our kids. We look forward to seeing Devyn continue to accomplish great things. As a side note, that must be Kaysen that Jesse is helping. It's hard to remember him that small.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts