Things are Different in Florida

The front doors in the homes open out instead of in.

Horizontal street lights are the norm where we are staying.

You know those plants that only grow as houseplants in the West? Well, they grow outside here. And they grow big!

One word questions are common. Children? (translated as "Do you have children?") Sauce? ("Would you like taco sauce with your tacos?") It can be tricky to understand what you are being asked without having a whole sentence to try to understand the accent and context of the question.

The lawns are definitely different. Not anything you'd like to rest on to watch the clouds passing by. Besides, there are little lizards that are crawling everywhere.

First time I've seen these critters in their natural habitat:



The sunsets are beautiful!

The ocean is a short drive away from us.

Different isn't bad. It's just new.

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting these pictures, Kendra! It's great to be able to visualize where you are. The ocean is beautiful! How long does it take you to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're about 20-25 minutes away from the Atlantic. I'm going to go take photos of the lizards and the lawns and plants and the doors and add them to this post soon. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I'm so glad to see these pictures. This is truly an adventure. I have to tell you - Jesse and I drove by Cloverdale the other day and had to have a moment of mourning! It's not that we even saw you that often - it was just knowing you were there... Anyway, you are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are great, Kendra. It is really nice to see what you see out there. It helps you feel a little closer. Love ya' tons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the one with you...barefoot at the beach! That has GOT to be good for your chapped feet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your post! I am excited that you started a blog so that we can enjoy this exciting adventure with you. Can't wait to hear more. We miss you lots. Good luck on finally moving into a house. I am sure the hotel is getting really old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We miss you all! Thanks for the fun comments. We went out for a drive tonight and I remembered that I need to take a picture of the ducks here. They look like turkey ducks or something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting more settled in Florida. Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adventure! I love the quote to enjoy life and the journey - it really is the journey that matters and how we love along the way.

    Thanks especially for the pictures. Different is good, but it takes some getting used to. I'm feeling the same way starting my new job, though mine didn't come with a change of scenery. You are much braver than I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shawn, I would say starting a new job is plenty brave! I hope things are going great for you at work and that you are adapting to having Brianna at college.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts