Visit with Heather and Anthony

I was blessed to spend a few days with Heather and Anthony in their home.  They drove up to my sister's house to pick me up.

We enjoyed a delicious lasagna, french bread, salad, broccoli and cake lunch.  Yummy!  Thanks, Jesse and Teresa (and Bryant).

After a fun afternoon of visiting, we left to visit with Shawn and Janel and family.  It was so wonderful to see them and visit with them.  And BONUS, we had dinner there--Cafe Rio pork and chicken with all the fixings.  It was delicious!  Thanks, Shawn and Janel.

And then we arrived at Heather and Anthony's apartment.  They surprised me with this beautiful and scrumptious birthday cake! It was a fun surprise.

It was such a treat to spend time with my daughter and son-in-love!  I especially enjoyed visiting with them and hugging them both.  Heather made me a yummy dinner of Ham and Pea Pasta.  Anthony made a great breakfast of pancakes.

We had a girls night--went grocery shopping, talked and watched a movie.  We tried swimming in an outdoor pool.  Brrrrr!  I wasn't in Florida anymore.  I volunteered for a couple of hours at Heather's work and got to see how awesome she is at her job.  She's preparing for a huge Halloween event for the community.  We went out for ice cream the evening before I left and played a fun game of Thurn and Taxis.  I won by one point!  It was a very close game.

Basically, it was a much needed time with my children.  I loved seeing the love in their home and the righteous gospel traditions they are setting.  They pray together, study the scriptures together and have family home evening.  It was one of those things that brought me a lot of joy!

And now, I'm happy to be back home with Stephen and Derek but I'm missing everyone else, too.

Comments

  1. I wonder how much cake you had while you were here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see . . . zucchini cake, banana cake, apple cake, pumpkin cake, cake pops, yum yum cake and chocolate cake. I'd say the chocolate cake and cake pops were the only true desserts. All the others had fruit or veggies in them. And Bart declared that it was fat-free cake day on that Saturday. So it must be. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts