Sisters Weekend 2010

Sisters Weekend was a bit farther away for me this year but I was there!  And the journey was definitely worth it!  It was fun to visit with each other, laugh together and hug each other.
 
My sisters, mom and I at our annual Sisters Weekend.  This year it was in Pocatello and American Falls.

Valerie surprised me with an early birthday party. 
The cake was a pumpkin cake with brown sugar buttercream frosting and hazelnut fondant.  It was delicious!

I even had presents to open.  How fun!

We learned how to make cake pops.  Check out http://www.bakerella.com/ for instructions and other great photos.

 

We went to a bead shop after hours and learned how to make these awesome beaded watches.

 
And the things we didn't get photos of . . .

We learned how to marinate and grill a fabulous steak.  I can't wait to make them for Stephen and Derek.

Five of us ate out at Texas Roadhouse.  We had a $50 gift card and had fun keeping the total bill under that amount.  We only spent $39 and we walked out with a box of salad, almost half of a roasted chicken and a completely untouched appetizer of chicken critters and fries. 

We went to the community rec center and participated in a water aerobics class.

We took naps.  Gotta love those naps!

Mom helped some of us with some sewing projects.  Okay, she actually did my sewing for me.  She made me a case for my new Kindle.  It looks like a scripture case and is awesome!

Dad loaded all of us up with fresh vegetables from the garden--Yukon Gold potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers and zucchini.

We all watched the General Relief Society broadcast together.  You can watch or listen to the talks here:  http://new.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2010/10?lang=eng  They were excellent and it was fun to watch them together with my sisters!

Comments

  1. Such fun! It was so good to see you!!! I miss you already, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! I miss you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I want to get in on this "missing" party. I miss you, too, Kendra, Heather, and Anthony. Sunday after you all left it was hard to be cheerful. I would be lying if I said no tears fell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, too, Teresa! Thanks again for being my chauffeur all over Idaho and Utah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts