Family Brings Me Joy!



We had my parents and 3 of my sisters visit all at the same time.  Fun, fun, fun!  One of the things I miss the most is living close to family so it was a special treat to have them here at one time.  (We missed you, Valerie!!)

Some highlights:

Picking them up from the airport.
Hugging everyone and feeling their arms around me.
Everglades Airboat Trip--gators, tropical birds, the breeze.
Walking through the fruit stand and grove--mango and avocado trees and delicious grapefruit.
Playing in the pool and making up wacky water aerobics moves.
Enjoying the Grill Queen's yummy food--veggie kabobs, grilled pineapple, grilled chicken, steak and garlic shrimp.
Laughing together and then laughing some more.
Exercising together.
Cooking together.
Planning our garage storage and working out guest bed improvement ideas with Dad.
Going to IKEA.
Morning at the beach, playing in the ocean, collecting seashells, Devyn demonstrating his handstand push ups.


Witty comments all around.
All the aunts keeping the boys stocked with cookies and treats.
Farmers Market and our free yellow green bags.
The quilt shop.
Going to church together and having my sisters practice with our choir.
Power washing the driveway and sidewalk.
Sitting on the rocking chairs at Long Key Nature Center in "age" order.
Walking under the old live oaks and among the ferns.
Playing board games together and challenging each other on our creative Boggle words.
Learning how to crochet hot pads.
Fishing in the backyard.
Everyone cleaning the house together--so much quicker than when I do it by myself.

Thanks for coming to visit.  And thanks to my brothers-in-law for taking care of things at home for a whole week!  You are most awesome.

Love you all (and miss you already!).

Comments

  1. I miss you, too! Thanks for letting us all come invade your home. I really enjoyed my visit and all the activities. I felt so warm and relaxed after the week visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos and posts! It's so good to see pictures of family and your Florida surroundings! It looks like you all had a really great time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts