Gingerbread House Party

We went to a fun party--a couples Gingerbread House competition.  The hosts had made the houses for each couple.  And then we brought everything we needed to decorate the houses.  We didn't "place" in the competition but we had a lot of fun!

The Holmstead Homestead

Swimming Pool in the Back

Lots of candy--looks yummy!

Our hosts' house--they came with a plan!

Dr. Seuss House

The couple had a picture of the way they wanted to
decorate their house.  Good idea!

I loved the Hershey Kiss tree idea.

No Room in the Inn.  The figures are shaped from fondant.
The couple de-constructed their house.

Lot of creative details in this one.

The House of Sugar made by a dentist.  I think she's trying
to drum up some business.

This log cabin won top honors.  They were serious about
their house decorating.  They recorded the whole event with
their video camera.
I loved the candy rock gardens around this house and all
the intricate details.

Comments

  1. How fun! I've never liked Gingerbread House decorating, because I feel that I'm not very creative. But now I've got some great ideas! Thanks for sharing them, Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun! You and Dad are so creative. :) I like the big drive-thru driveway, and the windows, and the pool is awesome! ;) Nice touches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts